Credit is very necessary to live a contented and peaceful life. With the help of credit, you can fulfill your needs. Problems start emerging day by day if you have low or no credit. If you are suffering from credit problem and your credit is too low to take a loan from banks and finance supporting companies, here is the solution to your problem. Credit repair companies are providing you an opportunity to improve your credit. For this offer credit, repair companies will charge you a little amount of fee.
What is a credit repair company?
“An organization that provides you an opportunity to improve your credit in exchange for a fee is called a credit repair company.” According to the opinion of Jeff Sipes at Blue Water Credit, these credit repairing companies promise to handle all the heavy lifting of working with the credit reporting agencies.
Difference between Credit reporting companies and credit counseling agencies
Credit repairing companies are often mixed up with credit counseling agencies but in fact, these are two different organizations. A credit repairing company help you to improve your credit in exchange for a fee but Credit Counseling Agencies commonly known as CCA provide their services free of cost. CCAs are typically a free resource from nonprofit financial education organization. CCA analyses your finances, debt, and credit reports with the intention to show you the path to improve and manage your financial situation.
Are credit repairing companies scam?
Credit repairing industry is full of scam. This fact is also acknowledged by the Federal Trade Commission. So it is very necessary to take information about a credit repairing company before signing an agreement with such a company. So, here are following steps to know whether a credit repair company is verified or not.
- Before signing an agreement with any credit repair company, you must read the reviews about your relevant company available for your guidance on the Better Business Bureau website.
- Before agreeing to work with a credit repair company, you must search the complaint database of customer Protection Bureau.
- Before using the platform of a credit repair company, always search for additional review sites for helpful user reviews.
If there is a company claiming to offer the following point, it means there is something wrong.
- If a company claims that it will remove accurate negative information from your reports, it means that there is a red flag.
- If a company offers you that it will create a new credit identity for you legally, it means that they may adopt illegal ways.
- A scam company will request you to pay before providing its services to you.
- If a company is guaranteeing you an improved credit, it means it is not a verified company.